Monday 9 February 2009

Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow

(Oops - wrote this in the middle of last week and managed not to post it - the silver lining would be that I've had more photos from our students, so now they're all in one post.)

Snow! Well, it's mostly slush and grit right now, but Monday was my first ever official snow day, as so much of the transport network was down, none of us were getting into work. This is a really interesting post on why, from the point of view of a tube driver.

Meanwhile, our students made good use of the day - there were some excellent Britain-related snow-creations:
This snowman is well travelled around central London. This tea-drinking snowman is a temporary inhabitant for a traditional red phone box while this Snow Queen graciously receives her courtiers and creators .

Moving beyond mere royalty, there's a snow houses of parliament and a Snowhenge of substantial size and occupation (complete with snow druid ).

Thank you so much to all the students who shared photos - if you have more, link in the comments, or send me an email!

(Meanwhile, out in east London, my neighbours were adding to the ranks of supporters for our local football team.)

**********

In other news, the thing I intended to post today:

Thing I had no idea you could do: take a free tour of Freemason's Hall

Thing I have been meaning to get around to for ages but have only just looked up the dates for: taking a free tour of City Hall

Thing that is a little sad but a lot interesting: the changing face of the Charing Cross Road area

Thing that I find funny because I have been to this gig so many times ...: five reasons why no one sees amateur music any more

No comments: