Wednesday 26 July 2006

She came from Greece she had a thirst for knowledge

J and I spent Sunday taking advantage of Somerset House's Free Days to go and poke about in the Courtauld and to see the Byzantium exhibition in the Hermitage Rooms - I still get a real kick out of seeing pots which I have written about in the flesh ;)

Greatly enjoyed the Byzantium set, but, while I was wowed by some of the pieces in the Courthauld, I remain slightly boggled that they can charge what they do, when there's so many other paintings by the same artists elsewhere in London. The Kandinsky's were interesting, though, so I might have to wander down to the Tate Modern at some point to see more.

There was dance stuff of variable quality going on in the courtyard, though, some of which was really fun. Just the fact they'd organised a whole weekend where these government buildings are opened up so kids can go and play in the fountains (they even had a drying tent set up) is a good thing in my book.

Sushi and sitting in the park was a really nice way of finishing off the day, before we walked home down the river to test drive my new shoes.

No comments: