Tuesday 24 April 2007

Life's a laugh and death's a joke it's true

So what did you do today, brain?



Well, after work I wandered out into the street, and surrounded myself with a miscellaneous bunch of four and half thousand people in search of silliness, and - really - that was a good choice.



I have participated in an exceedingly silly world record - woot! Well, sort of.



I arrived too late, and was still in the queue they ran out of coconuts, so I'm not officially a participant. And my camera was out of battery so there are no photos (at least, none from me). And trying to find people amongst four and a half thousand other people is kind of hard, so I didn't (sorry Nikki!) But I was there ;p And really, the addition of the threat of rain, queues, and the expectation of failure implied by having less coconuts than people just makes it more English, really.



Not quite as awesome as the flashmob pillow fight, but I did wander off afterwards humming Always Look on the Bright Side of Life, with a smile on my face, so I count that as a win.



And now I'm back home with a soft, sweet, Williams pear, and a crisp, honeyed Elstar apple, (thanks to Abel and Cole), and the positively decadent two-year-old unpasteurised farm-made cheddar I treated myself to at Borough Market this weekend, which seems like a good feast for things English to me.

No comments: