Wednesday 19 September 2007

he doesn't look a thing like Jesus.

Having fallen over it on Monday, and then had another quick skim on Tuesday, I still went and spent my lunch break taking another stroll around the Lomographers WorldWall that's currently taking centre stage in Trafalgar Square.

I first heard of the lomo phenomenon about five years ago, and I still think it sounds basically groovy. Not quite groovy enough for me to rush out and buy one of their cameras, unfortunately, although the fantastic colour saturation that even the most basic of snapshots takes on is very tempting.

But they're right - just holding a camera makes you look differently. My current project is a 365 - a photo a day for a year. I haven't had time to upload them in months, but I have been taking them. Every day. And I'm not bored yet. The world's full of so many moments that can be beautiful if you look at them from the right angle.

The LomoWorldWall is in situ till Saturday - both the images and the display are great, and well worth detouring to visit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.