Monday 31 January 2011

5+ new London places #1

Eric Gill sculptures on BBC Broadcasting House Thanks to a kind invitation from a friend, I picked up my first London-place-I've-not-been-before last week, finally getting inside the BBC's iconic Broadcasting House for a recording of Radio 4's News Quiz. (I've been to several recordings before, but none at Broadcasting House, which was familiar to me only from the external Eric Gill statues). Any evening with Sandi Toksvig and Sue Perkins in it has to be fantastic, and this was no exception. The Radio Theatre itself is a wonderful space - I wish I could have taken photos of the friezes!

The British Broadcasting Corporation Applying for audience tickets is a true bargain - you really can't argue with world class performers for free and it's always neat to see 'behind the scenes'. I was listening to the broadcast show this weekend, trying to spot what they'd cut, and marvelling at the editing.

How to apply? I'll let the BBC tell you directly:

BBC ticket info

No comments: