Thursday 13 January 2011

Small - or far away

The run up to the start of any semester is always a busy time, so I have a personal tradition to make plans for the evening before the semester starts, to make sure I take at least that much of a break. (This time I went to see Tron:Legacy in eyeball-saturating 3D - IMAX, which was significantly more impressive than regular 3D, and absolutely perfect for the film.)

Crossing the river - excuse the not-great photo - I discovered that the Shard's construction has now reached the stage where it's messing with my depth perspective in the dark! I know, in my head, that it's a very tall building quite far away, but it really looked for a moment as though someone had wrapped the spire of St John's, Waterloo in fairy-lights - the fairy lights being the lit windows all the way over in London Bridge. Blame the long day, but it did take me a moment to work out what I was seeing.

No comments: